I am spending the weekend with my sister who is 6 months pregnant and she had some great info on gift giving for someone who is preggers this holiday season.
1. Total Body Pillow by Boppy. This is a maternity body pillow, not a regular body pillow. She said it’s thicker at the head and legs to cuddle up with, but thinner at the stomach so your belly can fit over it. Her husband got her this and she said it has been a dream!! Hers is from A Pea in the Pod and runs about $55. I’m sure it is available at any place that sells maternity gear though.
2. Lotions. Your skin is really dry during pregnancy, so lotions are a great gift, but she warned not to get anything too fragrant. Your nose is very sensitive to smell during pregnancy and you never know what is gonna hit her the wrong way!!
3. Pregnancy Massage. She recommended calling ahead to make sure the spa you are buying from has actual maternity tables with a hole for the belly to lay in, so she can get the full massage experience. She said one time her “maternity massage” just entailed her laying on her side the whole time while they massaged her back and this just isn’t the same!
4. Mani/Pedi. Anything to make her feel pretty and pampered!!
5. Jewelry, of course, is always good. She said to stay away from rings though. A woman’s hands can get very swollen during pregnancy and she said nothing is more depressing than not being able to fit a ring over your finger when you already feel huge.
She suggested not buying any clothes or shoes unless specifically requested. The reason being, she will only be able to wear them a couple months. A lot of times your shoe size changes when you’re pregnant and if you buy her a size that she normally wears, but can’t fit in right now – again – depressing!
Oh…and as I’m writing this her 2 ½ year old is dragging all the Tupperware and cooking utensils out of the kitchen cabinets while she is trying to get him to calm down and take a nap (her husband is on a hunting trip)…she just shouted, “A weekend away at the Spa would really great too!!!”